Preparing Youth for Adulthood (PYA)
Working with the Administration for Children’s Services’ guidelines for Preparing Youth for Adulthood (PYA), Martin De Porres Group Homes is able to customize services according to each child’s needs, to better prepare each child for a successful transition into life as an adult. As a community-based organization, MDPGH uses it expertise in working with local care service providers to link our youths to the appropriate youth development supports to meet their needs.
The main goals for PYA are:
- Youth will have permanent connections with caring adults.
- Youth will reside in stable living situations.
- Youth will be afforded opportunities to advance their education and personal development.
- Youth will be encouraged to take increasing responsibilities for their work and life decisions, and their positive decisions are reinforced.
- Young people’s individual needs will be met.
- Youth will have ongoing support after they age out of foster care.